This page provides links to free tools and information to help you stay safe online, protect your privacy, and prevent advertisers and others from tracking your online activities.
We're always updating this page, so be sure to check back periodically.
Browser addons are small software modules that customize and/or add functionality to your web browser. (Note: These links will open in a new tab or window.)
• Adblock Plus — Adblock Plus helps you surf the web without seeing annoying ads. Some sites can detect this ad blocker but you can selecting turn it off on a site by site basis.
• Avast Online Security — Avast Online Security protects you from fake websites and phishing scams.
• Disconnect.me — Disconnect.me is a browser addon that lets you visualize and block “invisible” websites that track you online.
• HTTPS Everywhere — HTTPS Everywhere is a browser addon provided by the EFF (see below) that encrypts your communications with many major websites.
• Privacy Badger — Privacy Badger is a browser addon provided by the EFF (see below) that blocks invisible trackers on websites.
• uBlock Origin — uBlock Origin is a browser addon that filters out potentially malicious web content, advertisements, and activity trackers. Available for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge web browsers.
Online Privacy and Safety Organizations
• Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) — The EFF is a non-profit organization that defends digital and online privacy.